Subject: Re: Corrupt PAR Animations
From: [email-masked] (Darren Metcalfe)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 23:41:12 -0700

[email-masked] writes:

>I've gotten a lot of mail from people who say "Ya, know... I've _NEVER_ had
>a corrupt animation on _MY_ PAR." Thanks for sharing that with me, but what
>I'd really like to know is how to _STOP_ my animations from being
>destroyed.

I gather from your previous post that you're using a PC-PAR, you mention Razor.

What drive are you using? If it's a Micropolis, is it adequately ventilated?
They run very hot and need lots of room and airflow around them.

Is your PAR adequately ventilated? The PAR can produce alot of heat all by
itself.

Is there anything else (other cards, drives) close to the drive or the PAR
that could be producing >more< heat?

Do you run NT? I think the NT drivers for the PAR are in beta and available
at ftp.dps.com, or they're already officially released. It might be worth
your time to try the card with NT, see if you can get the same problems.

Is the card new or did you buy it used?

Hey, relax, I'm tryin' to help, 
(yeah, I was one of the "I'VE never had that problem" guys.)
D.

--
[email-masked] (Darren Metcalfe) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]